Egg Roll Fried Rice
Do you love egg rolls? Do you love fried rice? ME TOO! This egg roll fried rice tastes like an egg roll in a bowl. And I have a little secret about it, it’t not even rice at all! The secret ingredient is…… CAULIFLOWER RICE.
Don’t freak out. I was skeptical of it at first too, but we LOVED it.
Kitchen Tools You Will Need
Egg Roll Fried Rice
We were grocery shopping the other day and I am looking through the frozen vegetable isle for some new things to try and had come across the cauliflower rice. You can make your own cauliflower rice with this handy little ricer tool.
So I bought it and had no clue what I was going to do with it yet, but I wanted to try it.
My husband and I has Chinese food that week and we always get egg rolls and fried rice and I said EGG ROLL FRIED RICE! That is what I will do with it.
The “rice” doesn’t taste anything like cauliflower, which totally shocked me. I thought using cauliflower rice would be an okay substitute but that it wouldn’t be amazing or anything. But I was wrong, so so wrong. My husband even said that it tasted great with no cauliflower flavor. Weird. I love cauliflower so I wouldn’t mind the taste but it actually tasted and felt like I was eating rice.
This is a one pot dish, which I also love because there is no clean up, a win in my book. I have seen people make their own cauliflower rice, but like I said I bought mine frozen in the grocery store and it was much easier. I like easy. Using bagged coleslaw mix make this recipe easier too. I also use Liquid Aminos 16 oz. 16 Ounces instead of soy sauce. It taste just like soy sauce and it’s good for you. Amino Acids are good for digestion, tissue growth, and repair.
So basically when you eat this dish you are eating a big ol’ bowl of vegetables! Healthy and delicious.
Related: Easy Egg Muffins
- 6 oz reduced fat ground pork
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated fine
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos, or low sodium sow sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha, use less if you don't like it spicy, if my kids were eating this I wouldn't use any
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok cook the ground pork with the garlic and ginger, cook 10 mins or until pork is cooked through.
- Add in everything else but the eggs and cook 10 mins until all the vegetables are softened.
- Make a space in the middle of the middle of the pan to scramble the eggs. Scramble 2 eggs in the middle and the mix everything up. Salt and pepper to taste. ENJOY
- NUTRITION INFO: 320 calories, 15 g fat, 27 g carbs, 24 g protein, 6 g fiber, 17 g sugar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 17gProtein: 24g
Nutrition is calculated with products I use, therefore it is not always accurate. The recipe and directions posted here are property of Cakes to Kale and subject to copyright. You may not screenshot this recipe for sharing on social media.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Egg Roll Fried "Rice" – This is an egg roll in a bowl, the healthy way! – reduced fat ground pork, garlic (chopped finely), ginger (grated fine), coleslaw mix, shredded carrots, green onion (chopped), Braggs Liquid Aminos (or low sodium sow sauce ), sriracha (use less if you don't like it spicy, if my kids were eating this I wouldn't use any), honey, frozen cauliflower rice, , In a large non-stick skillet or wok cook the ground pork with the garlic and ginger, cook 10 mins or until pork is cooked through. ; Add in everything else but the eggs and cook 10 mins until all the vegetables are softened.; Make a space in the middle of the middle of the pan to scramble the eggs. Scramble 2 eggs in the middle and the mix everything up. Salt and pepper to taste.
ENJOY; ; – <ul>
<li>NUTRITION INFO: 320 calories, 15 g fat, 27 g carbs, 24 g protein, 6 g fiber, 17 g sugar</li>
– Dinner – Low Carb[/wpurp-searchable-recipe]