Lemon Cake Mix Cookies With Frosting
Lemon is one of my favorite flavors for desserts. It’s tart and sweet at the same time. That is why I am so excited to share this Lemon Cake Mix Cookies With Frosting Recipe with you. They are so soft and delicious. These lemon cookie will be a hit every time you make them!
PRINTABLE LEMON CAKE COOKIES RECIPE CARD BELOW!
Please read full post for all the tips and tricks of the recipe.
Lemon Cake Mix Cookies With Frosting
My husband came home from the store with a box of lemon cake mix that he wanted me to make, you know how random husbands are. I am not a huge fan of cake, but I do like soft cookies. So I decided to make Lemon Cake Cookies. They turned out DELICIOUS! I eat pretty clean most the time, but I love good dessert.
My mom came over to watch my kids and could not stop eating them, that’s how good they are. She ate six Lemon Cake Mix Cookies (sorry mom)! 🙂 You might even want to make extra for your family and friends. Lemon dessert are always a hit, try this lemon pudding for another delicious lemon dessert.
Cake mix cookies are honestly my favorite cookies to make (they are easy) and to eat (they are delicious). They are full of lemon flavor and taste like your put in so much effort, when it was actually super easy. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy it was, it can be our little secret.
My lemon cookie recipe with cake mix only takes a few ingredients and are super easy to make. Perfect recipe to get your kids in the kitchen helping out. Cake mix cookies are also great for a beginner in baking.
Ingredients For Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
-1 box lemon cake mix
-1/3 cup melted butter
-zest of 1 lemon
-3 tablespoons butter, soft
-1 cup powder sugar
-1 tablespoon heavy cream
How to make Lemon Cake Cookies With Frosting
- First, preheat your oven to 350°
- Then, place your lemon cake mix, melted butter, zest of lemon and 2 eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- When you are getting the zest off of your lemon, be sure to only get the yellow outside layer. The white part of the lemon is very bitter and we do not want that in our cookies. Adding the zest to our lemon cake mixture helps give it the bright, fresh lemon flavor.
- After you zest your lemon, throw it in the refrigerator to use the juice later.
- Using your hand mixer, mix your lemon cake mixture until fully combined. The batter will be sticky.
- Now, get your cookie dough scoop and scoop out the cookie dough balls. This recipe should make around 25 cookies.
- Roll each cookie dough ball between your hands to smooth them out.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto your non stick cookie sheet. If you don’t have a non stick cookie sheet, you can use parchment paper.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The cookies are ready to come out when they don’t look wet or glazey on the top.
- Once your Lemon Cake Cookies are done, let them cool while you make the frosting.
Tips for Making Lemon Cake Cookies
- Use a cookie dough scoop to make things easier and keep all the lemon cookies the same size.
- Use cooking spray to spray your hand and/or the cookie dough scoop to prevent the batter from sticking.
- Don’t overcook! The best part about lemon cake mix cookies is that they are soft. Take them out of the oven when the tops don’t look wet anymore.
How to Make The Frosting For The Lemon Cookies
The frosting for this delicious lemon cake cookie recipe is really simple.
Place 3 T softened butter, 1 c powdered sugar and 1 T heavy cream into a mixing bowl.
Beat with your electric mixer until combined and creamy.
Now put some of that yummy frosting onto the delicious lemon cake mix cookies and enjoy!
How Many Lemon Cake Cookies Does This Recipe Make?
My lemon cake mix cookie recipe makes about 25 cookies. I like to use a cookie dough scoop to get even sizes on the cookies. If you do not have a cookie dough scoop, you can use a tablespoon.
Lemon Cake Cookie Storage
You might be wondering, how can I keep my cake mix cookies soft? To keep them soft, you will want to store them in an airtight container for the week.
Other Delicious Desserts like Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together lemon cake mix, eggs, melted butter, and lemon zest using a hand mixer.
- Using a cookie dough scoop, scoop out balls of the dough, roll them in your hands, and place onto a non stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes. The cookies are done when they don't look wet or glazed on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together softened butter, powdered sugar, and heavy cream with a hand mixer.
2. Top the cookies with the frosting and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1Total Fat: 5gCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
These cookies are great for parties, holidays or just to have a sweet treat at home!
Let me know in the comments below, Have you tried my Lemon Cake Mix Cookies?